A SIM card is used in the mobile phone technology to identify each phone and to store different data such as phone numbers and contacts. It is made with circuits and semiconductors, although it looks very simple.
This type of card was at the base of the first phones and was invented in 1991. It contains a micro chip, metal contacts and transistors. Usually, the most of them have a tiny storage capacity and you can store ~260 contacts. More info available here.
2015 Mobile phone fans, soon we will update this website with information about latest technologies regarding SIM cards and newest smartphones.
At this website you can find methods of reading the so-called "crypto steady" SIM cards type of GSM standard, which use the encryption algorithm Comp2 with key 128-bit.
The main purpose of this website is the description of reading process of SIM-cards with various encryption algorithms. Also we propose "Card Reader ESR 12-58 for SIM" - a special device for reading new models of SIM with strong cryptoalgorithm Comp 2. The device is able to read successfully these cards produced by Orange, TIM, O2, Three, Vodafone, Megafon (Russia), Life and UMC (Ukraine), DGT MPT and China Unicom.
Why do I need to read SIM-cards?
In order that create a multi-SIM card. This is a special multifunctional SIM-card, which contains few various phone numbers. These numbers may be of different mobile operators or several phone numbers of the same operator. A working program, kernel, inside of the multi-SIM is called "SIM-emulator". Besides, it can increase the capacity of mobile phonebook and maximal stored SMS count. Perhaps, many people and you particularly already know about the possibility to make a copy of your own SIM-card for mobile phones of GSM standard. For a long time this idea was available for the certain groups of people. But it did not became wide popular because everybody had to pass own SIM card (with confidential information) to other people and moreover to pay money for the reading of the card. Nowadays everybody can make a multi-SIM card at home.
The SIM-emulator provides the same functions as a SIM-card. For each phone number of 16 in the SIM-emulator you may set a separate PIN, PUK codes and SMS-center numbers. Using SIM-Emu 6.01 you will have an opportunity to store up to 254 phonebook numbers and 20 SMS messages on the one card-emulator.
The Multi-SIM card provides the following opportunities:
- An opportunity to use one number for many users for cheap outgoing calls. Clever people buy an unlimited contract, then clone its SIM card and create SIM-Emulator. After this they become able to make outgoing calls from the same number, one after another, by turns. From 2 up to 20 persons should be in this "team", not more. Some confusion arises when too many people use the same number. There are programs made to read mobile phone activity and monitoring such as these ones. With the SIM-Emulator everybody can call from any region of your country to other geographic region or to or other countries. Therefore, it is handy for organization of a corporative network. Emulator is able to reduce outgoing calls expenses.
- A copy of a SIM can work simultaneously with original SIM (in a GPRS modem of notebook or PC). You can use the first SIM card for GPRS Internet on computer, and the second original SIM can work in your mobile phone with you. At the same time both SIM cards will work without problem, because GPRS session is separated from session of telephony. Moreover, each co-worker will be able to use Internet, check E-Mail using GPRS which provides this SIM card (but by turn, not simultaneously). You can use GPRS in one geographic area and use use telephony in other region (with distance 100 or 500 km and more).
- Everybody has a possibility to store in one SIM up to 16 phone numbers of various operators (you need not more to change SIM cards in/from your phone). It gives an opportunity in the best way to change providers of GSM services, depend of its prices and coverage in various places of your country. Now everybody need not use few SIM-cards with himself and change one to another, it is an unpleasant procedure which is harmful for any SIM card.
- An opportunity to put a copy of SIM in a mobile phone in a car and never take out it from the phone.
- An opportunity to increase the count of records in phonebook of a SIM-card (many SIM-cards are able to store up to 100 records only). Also it is possible to increase the count of stored SMS on Multi-SIM card (from 10 till 20 and more).
- An opportunity to use a service-locked mobile phone (which is locked by an operator). A service-locked phone is such phone, which can work with one defined operator only, and it cannot register with any other operators. Users have many reasons why they cannot unlock their phones. For example, it can be forbidden by their contact, a phone had been programmed by manufacturer in hardware level. It can be some exclusive model and anybody wants to unlock it. During starting up, a locked phone checks an IMSI of the current SIM-card. If IMSI belongs to locked operator, then everything is Ok, the phone loads successfully. You can use the SIM-emulator for loading a locked phone. And use it with other mobile operators. At first you should load "native" mobile operator your phone is locked with. During loading, the phone will check for "native" IMSI. Then you can switch to any other operator, using the function "Sel.phone" of the SIM-Emulator. Moreover, you do not have to clone "native" SIM of operator, which had locked a phone. You can simply store an IMSI of lock-operator to your card-emulator.
More and more reductive schemes for using multi-SIM appear today. For example, you may not to use a Multi-SIM-card. An alternative is "MultiSIM without SIM-card". It is a program which simply upload necessary data to program of telephone. There are programs for almost Siemens phones (ME45, C55 and other) which support 10 SIM cards in 1 phone. Now programmers develop similar program for other Siemens. But anyway you have to read data from original SIM in order to create the SIM-Emulator. How you may do it, read this website.
Regard your attention that presented technology does not give super-free possibilities for free-calls, free-SMS, free- GPRS Internet and the like. You will pay for each service according to your contact with operator.
The technology allows to reduce expenses for mobile communication not only for you, also for your relatives, friends and staff of your company. A need to use GSM-bridges becomes no longer relevant, your budget will be more saved. Also, there is double Chinese card, which contains two usual SIM. Before using, a chip original SIM must be cut out of to small size, because the two chips must be fit into common platform of twin-SIM. There is large risk to damage a SIM during cutting out, but the main point is the fact that a twin-SIM cannot be distributed among your people!
After installation of the card-emulator in your mobile phone, special software which is programmed to a Silver SIM-card (SIM-Emu 6.01) will create a prototype of SIM-card with all necessary settings of the phone upon your selection. At present, all used cards are assembled on base of the PIC Micro microcontrollers.
Only one phone number of SIM-emulator card may be active at the moment. The reason is that the receivers of majority of mobile phones allow receiving radio signal from one channel only. However, you can use the divert service in order to divert all incoming call from unused numbers to your active number with the purpose do not to miss the incoming calls.